Sunday, March 29, 2009

SES: Key Points in Launching a Global Website

This session was by far my least favorite. The panel wasn't ready or engaging, and the subject wasn't really what I was there for. I don't know why I picked it really. The talk was primarily about how Google has different searches set up in different countries such that if you search for "Utah Real Estate" from France, you'll get a list of websites found in the French directories.

Also, the panel noted that even if your website is displaying in another country that speaks English, you need to make allowances for things like the "King's English." You want to localize your site (example, change favor to favour) and also translate your site (pants mean underwear in England).

All excellent things to think about, but not where I am at right now.
Next!

Jennifer Bunker

1 comment:

  1. An insightfull post"SES: Key Points in Launching a Global Website".And I would like to say that I'm living my dream of owning my own business and working from home earning equally or more than the regular jobs by using http://debtfreeliving.ownanewbusiness.com.

    Thanks,
    gladwin- Own a new business

    ReplyDelete