Monday, March 9, 2009

Must-Know Tips For Facebook Privacy Settings

One of my favorite social networking sites of the day is Facebook. Checking in is the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night before I go to bed. I love how I can centralize and coordinate many of my activities with all kinds of people who are important to me.

One day, while searching for missing classmates for my upcoming high school reunion, I discovered www.pipl.com. It's an awesome finder tool, aggregating information about people from across the Internet including much of their social media activities.

I put my own name into the search and was completely shocked to see my Facebook profile picture, along with several of my friends' pictures, pop up. I had been under the impression that FB kept personal information locked down inside the network, but that is just not so. Surprised? I sure was. And, I thought I had buttoned down my FB profile pretty tightly.

As a result, I was delighted to find this list of easy to follow steps to help keep unwanted nosy-nellies (and worse!) at bay. I learned a lot from this and you will too. See the article here.

Don't forget to search yourself at www.pipl.com.

Jennifer Bunker

No comments:

Post a Comment